Sunday 8 April 2018

Water, Water, Everywhere

With the local trout rivers still rather full from the recent rain, and the ponds having too many anglers fishing for me to chuck lures about I headed for Pocklington canal. Unfortunately it was in a worse state than the rivers. The beck and canal were merged together. 

Next stop was Selby canal. The club had just acquired an additional length, so I thought I'd give it a go. Arriving at one end of the new length I found it was as brown and rubbish strewn as the two rivers it connects. Still, I was here and thought I should give it a go. This proved quite futile as weed just kept snagging the lures.


I decided instead to just have a wander down the length to see if there was any features, or whatever, that could be of interest at a later date. As I got further down the water seemed to be losing the brown colour, although the floating debris seemed to be as bad. About half way I headed back to the car and drove down to the other end of the stretch. This bit was indeed less brown and there seemed to be parts of it with only a little bit of debris floating about.


 







After a couple of hours chucking lures about I'd managed one tatty looking perch, which I dropped the moment the hooks came out, and three lost lures.


This stretch looks a lot more inviting than the other end and hopefully, once the debris has gone, it should provide some sport.






No comments:

Post a Comment