Friday 30 November 2018

Should Have Stuck To Plan A

Plan A was to fish a different still water, instead I went back to the last one I visited and blanked. The reason for this was that my mate had been talking to a work colleague who had five pike out last week the largest of which was 8lb 4oz. From the pictures the other four may have managed 8lb between them, very pretty little fish though. Sadly we were unable reproduce this. Not even a single run or even a chewed bait.



















With little to say about the days fishing I thought I'd have a quick run through the tackle used. This is the set up I use on small still waters. Most of the time the baits can be swung out so heavy rigs aren't required.. The rods are Nash Peg One, which can be fished at 9'6" or 11'. I mainly use them at 9'6" because of the overhanging trees. The reels are Shimano 4000DLs loaded with 35lb Drennan braid. The floats are Drennan Zeppelins in various sizes attached bottom end only and weighted with 1,2, or 3 SSG shot. the wire is 24lb Drennan with Drennan double hooks.



No comments:

Post a Comment