Friday 7 August 2020

Rising River

Wednesday morning a tweet alerted me to the river rising. well upstream. A look at the river levels on the EA site and a bi of guess work suggested it may get down to one of my favourite spots for babel just after tea. As I arrived this supposition proved correct upon arrival. The water had already started to cover the island and rose about two foot in twenty minutes the slowly another foot or so over the next couple of hours.

 
Out went two rods close to the bank. One with meat the other pellet. Apart from picking debris off the line very little in the way of fish happened. An angler on the other bank had a couple, but not me. One of the problems with the occasional drizzle and a rising river is the number of slugs and snails that suddenly clamber about on the tackle boxes, bags, landing net handles, and bank sticks. Every where you put your hands when packing up there seems to be one.

Unfortunately I had another appointment on Thursday morning so wouldn't be able to get back to the now falling river until the afternoon, but it doesn't seem to be falling that quickly at the moment. Hopefully thing s will be a bit better.


One thing I did note among the rubbish, was the large number of tennis balls that came down. Not sure where they came from, but I lost count at a dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment