Friday 12 November 2021

Last Bit Of Barbeling ( Maybe)

In my infinite wisdom I decided to have another go for barbel, this time on the Ure. I haven't had one from this year and with there still bong some colour in the river I thought they might feed. The weather was a bit suspect. It drizzled all the way there then stopped. It then drizzled as I walked the half mile to the swim, before stopping while I got set up. It then drizzled on and off through the day.

Sadly I managed to avoid attracting any attention from any fish. I did see a kingfisher flashing up and down a few times. While everything looked quite good with only the minimum of debris drifting down, nothing was attracted to either pellet, meat, or cheese paste.


As there's no fishing after dark, and the drizzle had stopped, I packed up just after 4pm. This lead to another problem. Instead of the usual 40 minutes to get home it took nearly an hour.  There's only really two routes home. One was blocked with a crash and so the other has excess traffic on it.

3 comments: