Monday 20 June 2016

Straight Ahead to the River

Saturday saw me down by the Nidd again, but on a different stretch. Judging by the sea of untrampled himalayan balsam, it looked like I was the first one down there this season. After slashing my way along the top of the bank I found a nice glide to attack with stick 'n' 'pin.





















It proved to be a steady afternoon taking chublets, dace, roach, gudgeon, perch and bleak. Late on I latch in to something heavier, which obligingly came steadily towards me, but staying deep. Once it got level it changed it's mind and shot 20 yards down stream, straight into some tree roots. Probably one of the local loony barbel, which I intended to fish for on Sunday. The rest of the evening went uneventfully with a steady flow of little uns.





No comments:

Post a Comment