Thursday 6 October 2016

Apathetic Jacks & French Carp



With the pike season open at the syndicate I thought I'd have a pop down with the lure rods. With the lily pads having not died down yet I decided to have a go with the frogs. The first fish to show interest was a carp, which momentarily grabbed a leg before sinking away. A little while later I spotted another, smaller, carp in the path of the lure. I stopped it in front of the carp which again grabbed a leg as I twitched it away. This happened a third time, a little while later. Think l may have to get a bit of garlic goo to cover the frogs in.

I continued round the lake, between the carp anglers, and while I spotted several jacks skulking in the pads none of them showed any interest in the lure at all even when the lure hit one of them it only moved a couple of inches. One small jack that I uncovered when I moved a pad with the lure just shot under the next pad before popping out and grabbing a Daddy Long Legs of the surface. Dry fly fishing for pike anybody!

 










After a cuppa and piece of fruit cake I got the light lure rod out armed with a Mepps Aglia #5. By this time a few of the jacks had woken up and I managed 5 to 5lb 7oz. The Savage gear Finezze rod allowing them to show a bit of spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment