Monday 13 March 2017

Penultimate Day of the River Season

With the river season for coarse fish about to close and the rivers not looking too bad, I thought I'd use up a couple of my remaining holidays and have a go chucking cheese paste about.

Yesterday when I passed over the river it was a bit high but not too coloured. Today the colour had returned. Still I carried on with Plan A, roaming with one rod and a lump of cheese paste. It was well into the afternoon when the first bite materialised and what felt like a heavy but sluggish fish was contacted with. Eventually a chub of around 2½lb surfaced, along with a branch snagged in the feeder. Another, almost identical, chub turned up an hour later and several swims later.





























Not the monsters I was hopping for, but at least it wasn't a blank. We'll see what the final day, tomorrow, brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment