Tuesday 7 March 2017

Taking Something's Dinner

For various reasons, like work parties, I've not managed much fishing this years and what little I have done has resulted in rather boring blanks. I wasn't full of confidence on Sunday when I arrived, rather late, at the syndicate water on Sunday, despite a couple of twenties being reported.

Having selected my swim I dropped half a float fished herring under the tree to my right. A small float fished smelt under the trees to my left and a popped up bluey in the tree in front of me. A gentle pull saw it land in the water just where I wanted it. After a few minutes the alarm sounded and the drop off bobbed up and down. I wound down into nothing. The bait showed no sign of damage. I managed to cast it back with out assistance from the tree this time.

The float to my right then bobbed up and down, and again I contacted with nothing, although there was sins of damage to the bait. I dropped it back under the tree. A little while later I went through the same procedure with the same rods. Half an hour later the float over the half herring bobbed  about before moving off. A small jack was quickly landed with noticeable scar on it and damage to the jaw as if some thing had attempted to have it for dinner.

 















A while later the popped up joey moved off and this time I latched on to a feisty jack around 6lb. Whether these were the fish that I'd missed earlier I don't know. Soon after this the rain set in for the day. Despite moving the baits about I didn't get another bite.



No comments:

Post a Comment