Friday 10 November 2017

Exploding Crank Bait

Another midweek session on the navigation saw me chucking small crank baits about for perch. The first fish to grab hold felt like a pike which quickly detached itself from the lure. The next fish, a perch, did the same. An inspection of the lure showed the hooks to be exceedingly blunt. Not having any spares with me I swapped lures, same model , different colour. These are cheap, £1.50, lures original bought to chuck around snag ridden rivers. They invariably don't swim straight and have to be adjusted to do so. The hooks on the are nasty and don't keep their edge at all, I really should have swapped the hooks before hand. The have, however, been very good lures taking their fair share of fish and I've not minded losing them to the snags. The next problem to befall this one occurred when a miscast had it hitting the stonework around a bridge and it exploded on impact. I only have a couple left now and I don't think they're available any more.

























As the navigation isn't really snaggy I don't really know why I use the here, they really don't work any better the my more expensive lures. After a couple more hours work I ended up with a half dozen smallish perch and no more fish shaking them selves free. Not sure where the other two photos have got to.








No comments:

Post a Comment