Friday 17 November 2017

Foss From Fossa - Meaning Ditch

Popped down to my local river for a short session midweek. Fishing a bit further downstream then my last session there, but still waist high in nettles. This section is not as deep as the previous either, so I spent a lot of time picking weed off the lure.

 










 










By sticking to the deeper areas and around the dying plants  I managed to pick out a couple of jacks and lost another when I failed to strike as I thought , initially, I'd picked up some more weed. I also had quite a few chub bump the lure, but only managed to connect with one of them. Admittedly most of them were no bigger than the lure.

 










I did try one of my small crank baits, but it refused to swim properly with a steel trace attached to it. With a bit of light remaining I nipped back to the car and set up a light rig with a fluorocarbon leader. I quickly managed a slightly larger chub before the light faded.












Looks like I'll have to make up some ultralight steel traces for my next trip down here, as I know  jack will turn up and bite through the fluoro.

No comments:

Post a Comment