Friday 5 October 2018

T'other End

The plan for today, as mentioned in the previous blog, was to fish the deeper swims on this section of the Nidd. A plan that didn't go quite as expected. The drizzle, that started as I arrived, didn't help. I selected two swims both bout 9 foot deep with the usual 30-40 minutes in each. After 40 minutes the first had only produced a few drowned leaves to both float and feeder. Things were not looking good. The second swim produced a couple of bites on the feeder and the usual leaves. This went on well into the afternoon.

 








I had pondered moving to a third swim, but the drizzle had now turned to rain so I decided to stop put in the firsts swim. Eventually it start to produce the odd roach to float fished maggot over hemp and casters. The roach varied between tiny and very tiny. Not sure how many I caught, but it kept me amused for nearly an hour. A break in the rain seemed like a good excuse to pack up as I hate packing up while it's raining.

 








Hopefully there'll be enough rain to give the river another flush through and get the current back up to normal speed, then the barbel may be back in their usual haunts.




No comments:

Post a Comment