Friday 18 January 2019

Heron Gulls

With a later than usual start, today, I decided to fish the local estate lake as it doesn't usually produce early doors.  Although, given the drop in temperature over the last day or so this may not have been the best choice as like most estate lakes it is rather shallow. I was surprised to find part of the lake frozen. From my initial vantage point it looked like a bit of a ripple on the water, but when I wandered round it was a reasonable layer of ice. I fished a couple of baits nest to the ice for two hours with put any action. I then tried three of my banker swims, again with out result. I even chucked the baits out into the middle of nowhere while I had lunch.

 








 








The highlight of the day was watching a heron fly over while been harassed by gulls. It didn't flinch once, as if it knew it was superior to them.





No comments:

Post a Comment