Friday 22 November 2019

Two Pheasants in a Sycamore Tree

The weather forecast for Friday was dull and overcast with occasional showers and the odd bit of sunshine, which was remarkably accurate as at sat at the side of the gravel pit not sure whether to put the brolly up or not. The pike I was after were not playing ball though. One single run, which I suspect was a liner as the sardine came back unmarked. The swim I'd chosen gave access to several features, such as an old weed bed, tree roots and a plateau that often produces a biggy. Not today though. At least there was no Canada Geese making a racket. The high/low point of the day was trying to convince someone that the pheasant sat in a tree was in fact a pheasant. He seemed to believe that as ground nesting birds they didn't roost in trees. What he'd have made of a second one arriving just after he left I don't know.


 







 








A bit of a disappointing day as this is one of the few fisheries that I rarely blank at. I'm going to blame the variable weather and the low water levels for the blank. The forth coming rain isn't going to do the river levels any good so it looks like it will be a while before I get to the rivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment