Friday 1 November 2019

Another Day Out In The Fresh Air

Driving through the torrential drizzle, having looked at the dire forecast, I was beginning to wonder weather Friday's fishing trip was a good idea. Especially when I stopped for a bacon butty and it tipped it down. Still I had a sneaking suspicion that the weather wasn't going to be as bad as the forecast and so it turned out. By the time I got to the river the rain had all but stopped and with in an hour it had stopped completely and didn't return until driving home. So there I sat by the river on a grey dank day. A large piece of luncheon meat in a crease half way across and a worm upstream by an overhanging tree. There they sat for the rest of the day untouched apart from recasting when the build up of debris started to drag the baits downstream. The wildlife was sadly lacking as well. A raptor flow along the hedge again. The odd sedge fluttered past and a shield bug wandered across the tub of worms. The sheep stopped by to have a look at me and a Heron flow past just before I left.

 




 




A short natter with the bailiff confirmed my worst suspicions, very little had come out of the river in the last few days. The freezer is now full of dead fish and I've rooted out the hooks, wire and swivels for making up pike traces and will be giving the rest of the kit a bit of a polish ready for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment