Thursday 5 December 2019

Vegetarian Pike

Back to the Clay Pit. After last weeks performance, with lots of runs, I decided to fish sprats this time. One on the bottom and the other suspended just off bottom under a float. As there was a bit of breeze this would be allowed to slowly drift about. None of this worked of course. I flung some bits of chopped up sprat about then spent an hour or so walking the bank. Dropping a sprat under trees, on and around old weed beds, and other features.














After lunch I got my first run. Winding down I felt something and struck, but connected with nothing. Two scales were on a hook point. They weren't sprat scale, being about twice as big. Later on as I wound a dead bait in a leaf that was snagged on it came loose and was snatched by a little jack as it sunk back down. I tried wobbling a sprat for a while, but nothing more was seen of the fish.


















As nothing much happened, there was nothing to video, so as the light faded I videoed a short bit with both the action cam and my phone at the same time to see which was best in low light. This was on the default settings. To my surprise the phone appears to have made a better job of it.  The video looks brighter than it actually was.





No comments:

Post a Comment