Thursday 31 October 2019

A Day Out in the Fresh Air

Yes we've had a frost(s), depends who you ask as to how many,  and I should have gone pike fishing, but... I'd chopped up all the wire traces at the end of last season with intention of starting again with some new ones. It was not until last night a realised and by that time I really couldn't be bothered making some up and I dislike making them on the bank. I seem to end up with swivels and hooks every where and loosing my wire cutters in the undergrowth. Armed with worms, pellets, meat, and cheese paste I set off to the Wharfe. Where, despite fishing three swims, I couldn't elicit a bite. My mate failed equally as well, along with a couple of other anglers down there. Despite being big coat weather it was a nice day out. We got to watch a Kestrel off in the distance hovering about. Another, larger, unidentified raptor patrolled the hedge opposite a couple of times. The odd sedge was still fluttering about. A skein of very noisy geese flow over head and I nearly fell in the river leaning back to take a picture. The one phenomenon we tried to photograph with our phones, but couldn't were the little spiders float about on long threads of silk.










The frost(s) earlier in the week and the now near normal river level were to blame for the fish not feeding. That's what we all decided after protracted discussion any way. Oh, well. We'll have another go tomorrow and then I'll make up some pike traces ready for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment