Wednesday 5 January 2022

And So It Continues

Today I decided to continue my piking on the tidal stretch, but on the opposite bank in the large slack below the lock complex. In these conditions it's deep, at high tide it was twenty four foot a similar distance out. Although there was only 1.7m of extra water above the weir, below was very full. The two picture below show the difference between normal levels and today's high tide.

I tried both float-ledgered baits, paternostered and trotted, using lamprey, mackerel, roach, and trout to no effect. The one other angler there managed a few rattles on the quiver tip but that was all. I think I'll leave this stretch alone until the water levels drop to somewhere more manageable.

The quest for the first fish of the year continues.

2 comments:

  1. Keep the quest going, I will be on that quest at the weekend too!

    ReplyDelete