Wednesday 29 March 2023

A Quicky On The Navigation

 Had chance for a couple of hours on the navigation so chucked a few bits in the car and off I went. As I wandered towards the locks a few small fish scattered which must be a good sign. A small shad in a roach like pattern was tossed out along the wall where the fish had scattered. A couple of casts later and I was in to a small jack and not the perch I was expecting. Still it was good fun on the light set up. Another fifteen minutes of casting about produced the odd hit but no contacts.


Suspecting it was little perch I changed to the ultra-light set up and a two inch shad. This two produced hits but no contacts. A change to a one inch shad on too larger hook, as it was the smallest I had, found me hitting about one in three of the rattles. Little hand size perch were all that seemed to be about. You had to fish within a foot of the wall to get hits. Anywhere else produced nothing.

By the time it was time to go I'd had seventeen of the little beasties. A somewhat frustrating session with the tail nipping. I think drop-shotting would have done better, but I didn't have any of the relevant bits in the bag. I've now added them to the bag along with the smaller sized jigs, just in case.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep. A reasonably pleasant way to spend a couple of hours.

      Delete
  2. Next time you will need something else in the bag, it only ends with the kitchen sink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. I have a tidy up then after each session add something that I needed but will never need again.

      Delete