Monday 9 October 2017

Chartreuse is the New Pink

Having misread the times of Sunday's road closures, my intended start time was delayed some what, as I now had to wait for hundreds of sweaty panting people to pass the end of the street. Quite way anyone would want to spend Sunday morning running 26 miles 385 yards,and end up back where they started, I don't know. So by the time the roads had reopened and I'd had a spot of luncheon, it was a rather sunny afternoon when I arrived at the pond. Not the best conditions for a spot of drop shotting for perch.




 














I'd been reliably informed that anything in pink was eagerly grabbed by the greedy little beasts and so it seemed when I was straight into a fish first drop.  After that one, though, I couldn't buy a bite until I change to chartreuse, which resulted in a steady procession of little perch for the next couple of hours to the point were I'd lost count of the number of fish caught. All the expected places produced. By the dieing lilies, under over hanging trees and by fallen trees. As bites started to dry up I tried various other colours and shapes of lure, but was only catching very occasionally as I wandered round. As the sun had now dropped behind the trees and I only had a t-shirt on it seemed like a good idea to head home as the temperature was starting to drop.


Taking to my informant in the pub that evening, he was surprised at pink not working as he'd never really had much success with any other colour. I was also informed that when dropping shotting, one should measure the fish and report the resulting catch in metres. I may try that one day, if I can be bothered. In the mean time I need get a bit better at it as my results have been somewhat erratic.

Hopefully I'' have time for a pre-work session on a canal later in the week.






No comments:

Post a Comment