Saturday 21 October 2017

The Under a Bridge Edition

Another short session, on the navigation, drop shotting started off with a sight I've not seen often. While taking with another angler a rabbit came bounding past, hotly pursued by a stoat. The stoat then seemed to notice the presence of humans and quickly veered off into the brambles while the rabbit stopped looked at us as if to say thanks and disappeared into under growth further down. This was then spoilt by the drizzle starting.


This was another straight and rather featureless length that produced only a couple of fish as I made my way towards the bridge. At the bridge things changed dramatically. Although small, it was a fish a chuck initially. When bites died off it was simply a matter of fish further in, out, up, down to find them again. I took the opportunity to try various lures out. I don't think it proved much though, as I suspect they would take nearly anything regardless of colour or shape. Size seemed to matter though, anything over 3" produced very few bites and I failed to hook anything that did rattle the rod tip. This size this was abit puzzling as one fish reguritated a small fish about that size as I unhooked it.











Not sure how many of the wee fellas I had in the end as I lost count at around 40 which I didn't think was too bad for a couple of hours work. Also the bridge was out of the wind and rain which made things slightly more pleasant.




No comments:

Post a Comment