Monday 18 June 2018

Glorious 16th +2

Managed a short, early morning session on the Nidd for my first bit of coarse fishing of the new season. As it was a last minute change of plan I just took an ultra light lure set up to see if the chub were feeling predatory. Not long after I arrived at the bottom of the stretch I was distracted by a red kite circling overhead. Attempts to photograph it with the phone proved pretty futile - I don't know why I try really. After it departed I got on with the fishing.

 








It was a little while, and several changes of lure before I contacted with a fish, a small feisty perch which used the time honoured technique of jabbing one of the trebles in my hand in order to unhook its self. The next fish to attach its self to the lure was a very athletic, tail walking jack which was really good fun on the light tackle.

 








 Things then went quiet for a while before I returned to the little crucian carp lure I'd caught the first two on. This resulted in a couple of small chub, which fought hard than their size would suggest. By this time it was time to leave. Not that I was too bothered as the wind was now quite strong and gusty making the casting of light lures a bit awkward, especially near trees.



Not a brilliant day, but not a blank either. Tomorrow is maggot drowning day.


No comments:

Post a Comment