Friday 9 October 2020

Back Down to Earth

After Wednesday's achievement Thursday brought me back sown to earth with a return to one of my favourite, but exasperating rivers, the Derwent. The river was about nine inches up from last time I visited, with three or four inches of water over the bank where I'd sat last time. There appeared to be only a couple of anglers fishing one of whom blanked  which as I've said before, is not a good sign on a known barbel spot when the river is up and coloured. Despite my best endeavours with the usual pellet tactics I didn't get anything that looked like a bite. The tip only going over when hit by debris. I did see a couple of deer pop out of the wood on the far bank and run along the edge of the hedge before disappearing. a couple of beasties were notable for the absence. No bats fluttering about and no owls hooting. They were too quick for me to get a picture. A mink also put in an appearance, bouncing about among the reeds and tufts of grass again avoid he camera.








No comments:

Post a Comment