Wednesday 17 July 2024

Blimey, Sunshine

It was rather pleasant driving to the river in sunshine, and rather surprising to see the river at normal summer level. The three foot deep swim I fished last time I was here was now a foot deep and full of weed. I nearly tripped as I was distracted by the Kites and Buzzards flying about. A Kingfisher shot up the river as I was setting up. The running maggot feeder was to be the method of the session. The low river with it's mirror finish and the bright sunshine, while pleasant to sit in, didn't bode well for fishing.



It was nearly an hour before I got my first bite. Which I missed. After nattering with another angler that had come down my confidence didn't rise as he'd been talking to others and nowt had been caught up to now. Casting round to three different spots produced the odd chewed maggot in the shallower swim. Eventually I got another bite which produced a small roach. One swim started to produce the odd rattle to the tip but the maggots were still intact when I wound in. Three hours in and the swim that produced the roach kindly provided a small chub.


A little while later I had another positive bite but I missed it as I was distracted by the Kingfisher zooming upstream again. Not long after an angler that had been fishing downstream passed on his way home. He'd hook a decent barbel but lost it to a hook pull. I had to go a little bit late
r. Four bites two little fish is not the greatest session but it was nice to be sat in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment