Thursday 25 February 2016

Nearly Back on Form

I should have been writing this blog from foreign lands, but due to circumstances beyond my, or anybodies, control I'm stuck in good old blighty.

it was a late start after getting  things sorted that saw me wandering along the river bank lure rod in hand. It looked like nobody had been fishing there for a while as there were no foot prints in the muddy swims, only a few dog prints. To be honest the river looked rather lifeless as the sun poked through. The virgin swims were rather treacherous under foot and great care had to be taken if I wanted to stay on the bank and not end up in the river. Eventually I reached the conflux, a known hotspot  to find a few fish topping.

As the river is quite deep at this point I put on a heavy sinking Jerkster, in perch pattern, and after a few casts latched onto a good feisty pike that looked like a tubby double.  Eleven pound it weighed, much to my joy.


Jerkster
11lb Pike
Apart from discovering a couple of new snags the floods had deposited that, sadly, was to be it for the day. Still. not a bad day with a decent fish under my belt. I suspect I could have had more with an earlier start. I did have a natter with another angler, out for a walk, who provided a bit of useful information on the barbel. Which may be worth pursuing at a later date, as I have a week off near the end of the season. This weekend, though, is pike fishing.

Flood Debris

No comments:

Post a Comment